La 2ème Division Blindée de Leclerc
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

La 2ème Division Blindée de Leclerc

Le forum des passionnés de l'Histoire de cette prestigieuse unité.

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon : la prochaine extension ...
Voir le deal

PROJET Half track de la NUEVE

+8
jean-yann
saturne
Patrice DEBUCQUOY
Laurent fournier
GONGORA Carmen
bernard03
Eymard Alain
totolitoto
12 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4
AuteurMessage
Akhil
Nouveau

PROJET Half track de la NUEVE - Page 4 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: PROJET Half track de la NUEVE   PROJET Half track de la NUEVE - Page 4 EmptyJeu 8 Sep 2022 - 14:00

Hi Carmen, I can always translate French/Spanish using Google. No problem.

I really appreciate the correction. I will fix the chart. Many thanks!!

GONGORA Carmen a écrit:
Akhil a écrit:
Hello folks, I am currently researching the liberation of Paris. I have attached an graphic that I made which depicts Dronne's detachment as it appeared on the night of 24 August 1944. I am sure I have made some mistakes. Happy to have a discussion about this.

PROJET Half track de la NUEVE - Page 4 Paris_11

Also, Apologies for writing in English. My French is not very good even though I studied it in college.
Hello Akhil,

Désolée, je ne parle pas anglais !!

Petites corrections :

- HT Guadalajara : le commandement était assuré par le sergent-chef Marc de POSSESSE et non par le sergent Enrique Gimenez comme indiqué.
- HT Nous Voilà : Faustino SOLANA n'a pas participé à la colonne Dronne

Cdt
Carmen

GONGORA Carmen et Akhil aiment ce message

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Laurent fournier
Langue pendue

MessageSujet: PROJET Half Track de la NUEVE   PROJET Half track de la NUEVE - Page 4 EmptyJeu 8 Sep 2022 - 14:06

Hi again,

can I know what are your motivation for these information ?

Best regards
Larry
Akhil
Nouveau

MessageSujet: Re: PROJET Half track de la NUEVE   PROJET Half track de la NUEVE - Page 4 EmptyJeu 8 Sep 2022 - 14:24

That's a very interesting question. Difficult to answer. I am something of a WWII history buff. I am also an artist and cartographer. I enjoy presenting information in graphical or visual format. Much of what I do goes into my blog: https://chindits.wordpress.org/

I started a map-making and research project about the liberation of Paris in June 2022 - with the intention of posting the information my blog by 25 August 2022 (the 78th anniversary) of the liberation. Well, suffice to say, I totally missed that deadline!

I have also been working on a map and graphics-based history of the Normandy campaign since 2018. Part of this can be found at: https://www.akhilkadidal.com/the-battle-for-normandy

A lot of what I do is to primarily educate myself about history. If it helps others, that's fine as well. At some point, I have a vague plan to collect all the maps and graphics that I have made and maybe put them into a coffee table book.

Below is an example of a map I made for my Paris project (it is still a work in progress).

PROJET Half track de la NUEVE - Page 4 Paris_12

Laurent fournier a écrit:
Hi again,

can I know what are your motivation for these information ?

Best regards
Larry

MANOUKA aime ce message

Laurent fournier
Langue pendue

MessageSujet: PROJET Half Track de la NUEVE   PROJET Half track de la NUEVE - Page 4 EmptyJeu 8 Sep 2022 - 15:15

Hello again,

thanks for this quick answer. Nice job you are doing, and a hell of a job. If you want I'll try to help you my best. I wrote in two volumes the story of the fighting of the 2e DB for the liberation of Paris and its outskirts. I was helped by a friend of mine Alain Eymard who before me had written a book on the organization of the 2e DB. His book was published in 1990 and our two volumes in 2009 and 2010.

Here under is another information about the Dronne detachment or "Colonne Dronne" as it was also called.

Concerning the 1st Section (platoon) of the 501st Tank Regiment, the leader of this section, when entering Paris, was the ROMILLY, second MONTMIRAIL and least but not last the CHAMPAUBERT.
Unfortunatly, concerning the two sections (platoons) of the NUEVE it is impossible to tell which one was first 2nd platoon or third or the opposite.
There is even a hard discussion as to who was leading the whole column : the 1st platoon of the 501st TR or the NUEVE, and for this last one there is even arguing if it was the 2nd or 3rd platoon !!!
What is sure is that Dronne was leading the column and the Cancel Section was closing the march.

Best regards
Larry
Akhil
Nouveau

MessageSujet: Re: PROJET Half track de la NUEVE   PROJET Half track de la NUEVE - Page 4 EmptyJeu 8 Sep 2022 - 15:44

Hi Larry,

I would appreciate any help. And I am aware of your book and of Alain's. They have a titanic reputation.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to secure copies because I currently live in India (I am a defense journalist working in the APAC region). The pandemic disrupted the supply of hardcover books to this country, especially books that have not been published recently.

Any chance that the books will be made available on Kindle? Please consider this. It will be useful for researchers like me.

Laurent fournier a écrit:
Hello again,

thanks for this quick answer. Nice job you are doing, and a hell of a job. If you want I'll try to help you my best. I wrote in two volumes the story of the fighting of the 2e DB for the liberation of Paris and its outskirts. I was helped by a friend of mine Alain Eymard who before me had written a book on the organization of the 2e DB. His book was published in 1990 and our two volumes in 2009 and 2010.

Here under is another information about the Dronne detachment or "Colonne Dronne" as it was also called.

Concerning the 1st Section (platoon) of the 501st Tank Regiment, the leader of this section, when entering Paris, was the ROMILLY, second MONTMIRAIL and least but not last the CHAMPAUBERT.
Unfortunatly, concerning the two sections (platoons) of the NUEVE it is impossible to tell which one was first 2nd platoon or third or the opposite.
There is even a hard discussion as to who was leading the whole column : the 1st platoon of the 501st TR or the NUEVE, and for this last one there is even arguing if it was the 2nd or 3rd platoon !!!
What is sure is that Dronne was leading the column and the Cancel Section was closing the march.

Best regards
Larry
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: PROJET Half track de la NUEVE   PROJET Half track de la NUEVE - Page 4 Empty

PROJET Half track de la NUEVE
Page 4 sur 4Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4